The following terms have the meanings stated:
- ‘the site’ or ‘our web site’ means the Governance Authors web site that contains these terms and conditions
- ‘we’ or ‘us’ means the Governance Authors web site owners and administrators
- ‘user-provided content’ means blog posts and comments, resources (papers available on or from the site) and notifications of events
- ‘static content’ means site content that is not user-provided content
Use of the site
You agree not to use any part of the content of the site for any unlawful purpose.
We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the site if, in our opinion, your use of site content may violate any laws, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right not to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right, or by law; or is, in our opinion, vulgar or offensive.
To post to a blog on our web site you must first register. Roles are built into WordPress:
- The role assigned on registration is ‘Subscriber’, which permits you to reply to existing posts.
- Email us to have your role changed to ‘Contributor'; this will permit you make new posts, which will be moderated before publication
- After a period of moderation, at our discretion, your role may become ‘Author’, which will permit you manage and publish your own posts.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements;
- If you reuse static content you will acknowledge the copyright of Governance Authors;
- If you reuse user-provided content you will comply with copyright requirements of its owners.
You agree that you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including posting of inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights and other proprietary rights;
- Harass or abuse another user of the site;
- Post any content that directly advertises your business, products or services or that includes requests for payment;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code.
Exclusion of Liability
To the extent permitted under law we shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages related to the use of the site. br>